Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Forum Pro • Posts: 11,853
Re: My new X-t4 Has freezed up about 6 times

Bob Tullis wrote:

digital-freak wrote:

Thanks Bob and Fuji Maine

See Eric's mention of firmware.

When the H1 came out, the first camera I picked up before others had the chance to debug it for Fuji.  I sit down to look at what I had taken and it was blinking at me to set time!  A full melt down it thought it was a new camera out of the box.

Version 1.01 came out shortly after that.  Another case of lack of sufficient testing.  I reset the camera and set it up from scratch.  After I reset I captured my settings in X-Acquire.

However, if the camera locks up and you have to start over not all your settings are in the back up.  For example such things as time, etc. so you probably have to make some inputs and then your camera specific set up should be able to be restored.

It's a dog gone shame that Fuji cannot do adequate testing so new cameras don't have lockups that case a reset.  In fact resets should be very few and far between.

I picked up my Pro3 two moths after the release hoping that others had done Fuji's beta testing. But although I gave them 2 months to get it right I've had to upgrade the firmware for two "bug fixes."  The first was 1.04 which means there was a 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03 before within two months.

Come on, that is far form acceptable.

-- hide signature --

_____
"The winds of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears," Arabic Proverb
__
Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow