Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
roby17269
roby17269 Senior Member • Posts: 1,826
Re: All I see in the first two is that unfortunate corporate logo

Greg7579 wrote:

roby17269 wrote:

Greg7579 wrote:

EmmaNems wrote:

These all raise the question of whether the portrait is of the woman, the rusty truck or the Puma logo. As a whole; it's a swing and a miss. There is so much in competition with her face. The lack of anything going on with her eyes is a sad failure. Portraits are all about eyes and fleeting expression. The broad, flat light doesn't help.

Emma, you portrait pros are brutal. I mean brutal. I have a really good friend in San Antonio who was one of the best portrait artists in Texas for 25 years. She was always asked to judge portrait work and she would absolutely rip every shot apart that she judged.

You guys are hard.... That is why I'm afraid to take pictures of people. 😁

But I think in this case she is right... I'd say the first image is good but in the others there is too much that distract attention. The only comment I'd disagree with is about the eyes: I do not find them lifeless.

By the by take my comments with a healthy pinch of salt: I am not a portrait photographer (let alone pro) as I prefer full body images for my fashion shoots... I do portraits all the time for the sake of the models and of the stylists

Roby, you are pretty good. I say you are a portrait guy.

thank you Greg

But I consider myself a non-pro fashion photographer... apart from a couple of beauty shoots that I was coerced into in a friendly way, I only do portraits opportunistically (of models for them and stylists, and of my daughter for me and the rest of the family) ... they mostly just happen to me

When I do portraits I do close in though

-- hide signature --

Ciao!
Roberto
My photos: http://rdmfashionphoto.com/

roby17269's gear list:roby17269's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm F1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow