How many of you enjoy shooting with the "older" models?

Started May 16, 2018 | Discussions thread
eya1 Regular Member • Posts: 277
Re: How many of you enjoy shooting with the "older" models?

Michael Meissner wrote:

eya1 wrote:

Hi Michael, thank you for the detailed response. I was curious to see how many of those older models you were still using. And I was pleasantly surprised to see you have held on to your investment while making very practical decisions going forward to ensure you have the right tools for the job.
Also, thanks for including the number of shots taken; you're a light shooter. Did you hone your shooting skills in the film era?

Note, those are the photos that I saved in my photo albums, not the total count of the photos taken.

Ahh, I see.

And I'm just an amateur taking pictures that interest me. A lot of the pictures are from steampunk events, renaissance faires, and science fiction conventions that I attend usually as a paying patron, sometimes as an official photographer.

Most of the other shots are either New England fall pictures, vacation/family shots, or just things I found amusing.

Seems we have similar interests, I can't wait to get out. My company went into lockdown early March so I've forgotten what the rest of the planet looks like.

Compared to 2018, my saved shot count was down (1,933 vs. 3,609) for a variety of reasons. The two little renaissance faires where I'm the official videographer (and I take stills while recording) were on hiatus in 2019. The fall wasn't as spectacular in 2019 as it was in 2018. I had some health issues that kept me away from some events.

Unfortunately, 2020 is probably going to be worse.

Hopefully not health-wise. Good shooting.

eya1's gear list:eya1's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jrg
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow