So glad that I chose the Z7 over the Z6

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
quintana Regular Member • Posts: 386
So glad that I chose the Z7 over the Z6

I usually don't shoot birds but while I was using my 24-70/2.8 S for landscape shots at the coast of the Baltic Sea in Germany I saw these two Barn swallows. I had my DX 50-250mm with me but I thought that I might miss the shot if I decided to switch lenses so I did my best to sneak very slowly towards them. At about 5-6 meters distance I couldn't get any closer because of a fence that marked the edge of a nature conservation area. So I aimed at the scene and a couple of shots later I got this:

These are 1:1 pixels at Full HD resolution, so very heavily cropped. Something that I couldn't have done with the Z6. Since I don't do birdshooting this might be an opportunity that won't come again in a very long time, so I'm very glad that I got away with at least FHD resolution.

In 4k the crop would look like this:

Maybe I will use this as a background for my 4k monitor even though the birds are a bit small in this version.

quintana's gear list:quintana's gear list
Nikon Z50 Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR Nikon Z 50-250mm F4.5-6.3 VR
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow