CC: Lake Powell, Antelop and Horseshoe Bend

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP vzlnc Regular Member • Posts: 463
Re: CC: Lake Powell, Antelop and Horseshoe Bend

AZheaven wrote:

vzlnc wrote:

AZheaven wrote:

next trip out.

Wanted to do Monument Valley, Canyonlands, Capital Reef and Arches NP this year. Will see how this thing turns out. The weather is good till October/November so I still have time.

Most don't know but the weather here in AZ is fantastic from mid September through November. Typically boring sunny skies with nice temps. But towards the end of Oct. through November the weather at higher elevations can be cold and sometimes snow. We ususally see snow on the San Francisco Peaks right around the end of Oct. But that is above 12,600 feet.

Monument Valley is amazing. I would book a photo trip with a reputable photo guide. I didn't May of 2019 and good thing. The weather was not that great. Cold, rain, snow, hail and lots of wind. This year? It was hot and sunny up there! I have yet to go to UT to the parks there. I've only been about 20 miles past Big Water, UT just on the other side of Lake Powell.

I dont feel safe to venture on a flight yet. If it was driving distance for me, most definitely I would have gone.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow