For $999

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
thunder storm Senior Member • Posts: 6,256
Re: Rp ruined by old sensor tech

MAC wrote:

thunder storm wrote:

And that's without corrections of vignetting (!!!)

you make a good point for those f1.2/f1.4 primes with a lot of vignetting - I’d recommend the R for that application. But for the RF 24-105 F4L I have not seen a noise issue for in camera corrected photos.

Not worrying about that one so much, but the RF 35 f/1.8 is the low light solution for many, and with this one it could hurt.

The only setting Optical Limits shows that might raise concern is at 24 mm and F4 where ev in corners is just above 2 - but that would be a rare setting for me.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I will study vignetting of primes in the corners before purchasing primes for my RP. I’m hopeful the new RF50 f1.8 and RF 85 f2 will control vignetting

In general (at least for me) i think this rule of thump makes sense: buy one stop brighter than the aperture you shoot with. This is often true to get rid of vignetting, to get a round shape in your bokeh balls / to get rid of the swirl in you bokeh when you don't want it, and for never having problems with your low light AF.

-- hide signature --

EF glass = bang for my buck

thunder storm's gear list:thunder storm's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow