Of the G1X IV, G3X II and the state of things...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
nolten Contributing Member • Posts: 561
Re: G1x IV options

I've said my piece above but I'll add this observation:  Some of you guys might get what you wish. I've owned a number of G series cameras and Canon seems to make significant changes between models.

I owned the G10 and it was very different for either the G9 or G11. Different lens speeds and ranges and different sensor sizes and densities; the G11 had fewer MP than the G10.

Likewise the G1XII lens was tweaked in a number of ways from the original G1X. I preferred the original, some preferred the II.

The G1XIII, IMHO, bears no resemblance to either of its X predecessors other than the "G" camera body shape and controls which first appeared, I think, with the G7.

I've always liked the G P&S but I've always skipped generations waiting for the combination of lens/sensor that suit my preferences. I assume therefore that the G1XIV will be unpredictably different again and not just a change to the latest sensor and Digic.

nolten's gear list:nolten's gear list
Canon G1 X III Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M6 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
0lf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow