For $999

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Sittatunga Senior Member • Posts: 2,730
Re: For $999

Icagel wrote:

Sittatunga wrote:

Not sure I do. Fuji have just released a non-weather sealed version of their 35mm lens. It's got the same glass as the original, but it's less than half the price... I'd rather use a plastic bag, as seals don't last forever. Be careful what you ask for.

good native telezoom, still no fast zoom but looks like I do not miss it. There is some M line lenses on the way I hope I would really like to see 300 f4 lens for M mount. No mater who will make such lens. But probably it will not happen.

An M mount lens with a 77mm or larger filter? Really? Would it be significantly smaller than the EF 300mm f/4 I use on my M mount cameras?

RP as FF camera has really better DR only above 1200 so it is not an issue for myself.

As for sealing it is really not so important : I also gave plastic seal and never used it

And as for 300 f4 it just my dream to have native lens, I could survive with canon 70-300 ef nano USM as well.

The EF 300mm is as near native as makes no matter, the adapter is tiny compared to the lens and the lens works on DSLRs and RF mounts too.  It's the sensible choice for anyone who isn't going to limit themselves to the EOS M part of the system.  That makes the market for an EOS M version tiny, which would make an EOS M version more expensive than the EF version, so it's very unlikely to happen.  300mm f/5.6 is more of a possibility, but lenses like that stopped being popular in the 20th Century thanks to zooms.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow