Of the G1X IV, G3X II and the state of things...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,455
Re: Of the G1X IV, G3X II and the state of things...

RLight wrote:

Xshooter wrote:

I’d love the G1X IV to have a slightly wider lens, starting 20mm maybe, but physics won’t permit that in a small body

They can... However, once again, this is a niche market. The days of the DL 18-50 are now gone. You can do that with the M6 mark II (or M100/200) + 11-22 in a small package.

https://j.mp/37dB0O7

The closest thing otherwise, is a now defunct 1J5 (also Nikon 1") married to a 6.7-13mm.

I think it'd be slick if Canon did this, but, they now have the In-camera panorama mode which can sorta do the same thing. Close enough for most purposes, but not the same obviously.

Sad the DL series didn't make it. The DL 18-50 was unique, the DL 24-85 would've made it's way into my toolkit back then ( and I might still be shooting it) and the DL 24-500 is a true replacement to the G3X, without the bulk or hiccups of the RX10 IV.

The idea that Nikon were going to be able produce these 3 cameras simultaneously ranging from 18mm equivalent to a 500mm in one go from the start was pure fantasy from the start

Talking about them as a true replacement without hiccups is nonsensical.

Why people even bother to talk about these things as though they have any relevance to real equipment that we can buy is totally beyond me.

Really sad.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
0lf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow