Of the G1X IV, G3X II and the state of things...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP RLight Senior Member • Posts: 2,555
Re: Of the G1X IV, G3X II and the state of things...

Xshooter wrote:

I’d love the G1X IV to have a slightly wider lens, starting 20mm maybe, but physics won’t permit that in a small body

They can... However, once again, this is a niche market. The days of the DL 18-50 are now gone. You can do that with the M6 mark II (or M100/200) + 11-22 in a small package.

https://j.mp/37dB0O7

The closest thing otherwise, is a now defunct 1J5 (also Nikon 1") married to a 6.7-13mm.

I think it'd be slick if Canon did this, but, they now have the In-camera panorama mode which can sorta do the same thing. Close enough for most purposes, but not the same obviously.

Sad the DL series didn't make it. The DL 18-50 was unique, the DL 24-85 would've made it's way into my toolkit back then ( and I might still be shooting it) and the DL 24-500 is a true replacement to the G3X, without the bulk or hiccups of the RX10 IV.

Really sad.

RLight's gear list:RLight's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS R Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
0lf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow