Lenses for a sci-fi look? Fantasy?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
S1shooter Forum Member • Posts: 62
Lenses for a sci-fi look? Fantasy?

Hello everyone,

I'm a filmmaker by trade who mostly focuses on the writing and directing of my work but rarely actually gets into the hands on aspect of craft beyond discussing creative references for what the vision of the project is with the crew.

Since I want to get better in this area, I got myself an S1 and have  been going nuts looking at different lenses. Right now, I'm a little obsessed with the Canon 50 f/.95 "dream lens".

I'm huge into sci-fi and fantasy, but have worked in indie drama as of now. Just want to get some lenses that will approximate the type of look I love so I can give myself creative inspiration for what I want to work up to so to speak.

My question is - which lenses can you recommend for a filmmaker going for a lush, saturated, contrast look similar to Pan's Labyrinth? How about something cooler, and more tranquil like Moonlight? And what about something with that child-like wondrous blue a.l.a. E.T.?

Thanks

FinePix S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow