Q2 do-it-all camera?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP eliehbk Senior Member • Posts: 1,881
Re: Q2 do-it-all camera?

Hi guys,

just wanted to revisit the thread and let you know that I went ahead and bought the Q2. I didn’t sell my M10 as of yet, thought I’d give it a try beforehand. I wasn’t sure about the 28mm FL, I’m more of a 50mm shooter. Straight out the box I was a bit surprised to find that the camera feel cheap compared to the M10, it felt a bit plasticky and hollow, I know it’s just because of the solid brick the M is. Having AF and a better metering system was nice with my mostly shot subject matter (2 erratic toddlers). I also like the 35 and 50mm crops. I was afraid that distortion and larger depth of field would turn me off but it wasn’t. I haven’t using it for one week by itself and so far can easily imagine having it as my sole camera, especially on my many hiking trips. The OOC JPEGS are great, skin tone is lovely and black and white remind me of the digital CL. All in all a great camera and could easily be a do-it-all camera if someone doesn’t need telephoto lenses. I also think the pictures have a better 3D pop than my M10 with 50mm Summilux ASPH. Here are some snap shots;

eliehbk's gear list:eliehbk's gear list
Leica Q2 Leica SL2 Leica M10 Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow