Does anyone know what type USB plug Oly E-M10 Mk II uses?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Michael Meissner
Michael Meissner Forum Pro • Posts: 26,875
Re: Does anyone know what type USB plug Oly E-M10 Mk II uses?

jfiresto wrote:

Michael Meissner wrote:

For example, in 2012, I made a telegraph key act as a shutter release. The Arduino would connect the focus and ground pins while the telegraph key was held down (i.e. tell the camera to achieve a focus lock). When you released it, the Arduino would briefly connect both the focus and fire pins to ground to tell the camera to take the picture....

I have a push button assert focus while you press the button, and for another second after you release it. The button fires the shutter should you press the button again within the second.

That would work also, but not having to press the button a second time generally works with the way I shoot my camera.

In general though, I don't use the Arduino that much, but I keep thinking I should bring it back.  When the steampunk camera was the E-3/E-5, I put a RM-CB1 underneath the telegraph key, and I could focus/shoot by pushing the key down.

One issue is some of the steampunk events are outdoors, and we have had rain in several of them (torrential rain in several).  Using the Olympus splash proof cameras + splash proof lenses works great, but I would need to protect the micro-processor from rain.

Should the Arduino sound off FIRING or FIRED? I might panic if I heard FIRE.

I used "Fire", but it is a string that is easy to change.

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow