D300 bodies at rock bottom prices -

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Ruekon Senior Member • Posts: 1,576
Re: Absolutely!

Dweeble wrote:

Must admit I quite like the car analogy! What do you reckon the actual D300 equivalent is? I'm tempted to say Golf/Rabbit MK2 Gti. Well-built, solid, comfortable, reliable, great performance when new and still capable of turning in good results now in the right hands....

And what about a camera Morris Marina? Seriously ugly, wildly unreliable but easy to fix, was never remotely class-leading when new but managed to turn out kinda decent pictures and somehow inspired affection in a few?

I like to compare Nikon with BMW: well engineered up to the last detail, focus on performance, reliable, and spreading sheer driving pleasure in everyday use.

Of course a good old six cylinder can't compete with modern injection engines anymore, not speaking of upcoming electric cars, but the joy remains.

Ruekon's gear list:Ruekon's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow