32" or 34" 4K IPS Monitor

Started Jun 17, 2019 | Discussions thread
CAcreeks
CAcreeks Forum Pro • Posts: 15,497
Re: 32" or 34" 4K IPS Monitor

Melbourne Park wrote:

I had started out wanting USB-C due to its ease of use and its notebook charging capability.

I shudder to think USB-C might become necessary in the future, because it is non-durable in my cellphone experience. Far fewer plug-unplug cycles than specified.

I now think that an easy menu system and a responsive hand shake with a connected notebook is more important than USB-C. It seems Dell are higher up the tree on good software than the other three monitors mentioned. In Australia an LG 32" either is a VA monitor or its more expensive, due I think to being full Thunderbolt 3 input capable.

Is the LG 32UD not available in Australia? Here in the US it costs less than the HP Z-32. You did not specify which Dell model you were looking at, but said it's even more expensive.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1374657-REG/lg_32ud89_w_32ud89w_31_5_4k_uhd.html

I have a similar 27" model and find the HDMI sync to laptop works well. Four choices on the |[]| key including mirroring and extension. It was the top-rated 4K monitor on rtings.com.

No rotation unless you buy another stand, such as VESA.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow