D300 bodies at rock bottom prices -

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Max Iso
OP Max Iso Senior Member • Posts: 8,652
Re: D300 bodies at rock bottom prices -

Robert Cohen wrote:

That's a heck of a good price for a darned good camera. Yes, I have more recent DSLRs but I still use my D300. And no one has ever looked at one of my D300 photos and said "ugh, pity you didn't use a more recent camera."

Exactly. The only real limitations for me are i have to frame better as i can't crop as much, and ISO 1600 is about my limit, maybe 3200 in a pinch (compared to newer apsc i have owned). It just shows how good DSLRs already were way back in the 2000s.

Incidentally a few days ago i was out with my little ones at a nearby waterway and young couple showed up with a camera. They had a Canon Rebel and 75-300 kit zoom, turns out they were brother and sis, the camera was the sister's and they were complete beginners.

I ended up talking to them for a half hour and found the young man was also planning to buy an ILC and asked me my opinion for a starter. Funny thing was he asked if a D300 was a good place to start, to which i replied yes i actually have one (had my M50 on me that day). He said he had about a $500 limit so he will have plenty of cash for some cheap glass if he finds this $79 deal.

They couldn't have been in their 20s even, it was refreshing seeing some kids breaking away from the mobile crowd. Smart kids.

-- hide signature --

"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear" -

Max Iso's gear list:Max Iso's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow