Getting back with Nikon with older cameras.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
photoholiko Senior Member • Posts: 2,726
Getting back with Nikon with older cameras.

I'm a multi brand user, I was away from Nikon for a longtime after less than satisfactory experiences with a D70 that I acquired new. I just gave it away. Then I bought a new D5100 with the DX 18-55 and 55-200 kit lenses. I enjoyed using this camera and traveled a lot with it, but I couldn't AF with my FF AF lenses from my film days. So I eventually gave it to my youngest daughter ( I have three ).

During this epidemic restrictions and time on my hands I decided to buy a used D7100, I find that to be an excellent camera that I can AF with all my lenses. I won't be getting rid of this one.

Since I wasn't able to get out and use it much I returned to thinking that I had FF lenses that were used as DX. So to solve that problem I purchased a D700, again I find to also be an excellent camera.

Lucky for me things are starting to open up which will prevent me from sitting around thinking for an excuse to buy something else. When it is safe to camp out at the Holiday Inn, I'm looking forward to travelling within the U.S. and make good use of my new to me equipment. I don't think foreign travel will be possible for quite some time.

I am aware that the latest new cameras are much better with the latest features like High ISO, better AF and more, and that with the money I spent on older cameras and lenses I could have bought the latest and gratest mirrorless offering. Even though I have the money I can't bring myself to dish out $2,500 for a body and another $3,000 for a few lenses. I find that using these older cameras also produce great results and enjoyment. They were good back then and are equally good today.

If anyone bothered to read this post, I thank you and wish you all the survival from this epidemic with happy shooting when it's over.

Stay safe.

photoholiko's gear list:photoholiko's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +34 more
Nikon D5100 Nikon D70 Nikon D700 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow