Stitching Software for the Ricoh Theta Z1

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Ishpuini Veteran Member • Posts: 6,249
Re: Stitching Software for the Ricoh Theta Z1

Initially, I thought there might have been some way to use the Ricoh Theta Stitcher software independent of LR, given that it's an application (opening a file after Export from LR) and not a real LR plug-in as such.

However, unfortunately the application does require its being launched from LR and as such refuses to work directly on a TIFF. I just tried it on a machine without LR and it exits with an error.

So it would seem that Lightroom is required yes. Unless there were a way to build a launcher that would launch the stitcher making it believe it was launched from Lightroom. That could technically be possible. 20 years ago I might have tackled that, but my programming days are long gone...

Regardless, albeit great that this solution exists and I use it extensively, I find the integration rather cumbersome... esp since I personally take the output into Photoshop to fix the nadir in PS's 3D space, which is bugged in 16-bit, requiring me to convert into 8-bit (my hardware is not powerful enough for 32-bit)... That file then goes into PTGuiPro I case I want another projection (e.g. Little Planet) than the one out of the plug-in. Anyway, I always end up with a handful of intermediary files taking up (cheap I know) hard disk space... but that's not your problem...

Wim

-- hide signature --

Antwerp, Belgium, GMT+1

Ishpuini's gear list:Ishpuini's gear list
Ricoh Theta S Ricoh GR III Pentax Q Pentax Q-S1 Pentax K-3 II +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow