B&H rip-off on used equipment Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 6,928
B&H rip-off on used equipment

I've been a big fan of B&H for years, bought tons of stuff.

They engaged in some very shady practices with me recently.

I bought a used camera package; it mimicked the original options from Oly, basically camera, viewfinder VF-4 ($270 new), and f1.8 lens ($500 new,)

When I got the package I discovered the VF was a lesser model, the VF-2. Don't know original cost, but substantially less.

The lens was also a 2.8, not a 1.8, and again, of even lesser quality (probably about $200-300 less).

The VF isn't common, and I agreed to take a $35 for that. I requested they send me the 1.8 lens, since they have several in stock, used. But the manager refused, and insisted I return the whole package. He said  he couldn't swap in a $300 lens which would be half the value of the package. I explained that this is EXACTLY what they advertised, listed on the receipts, and so on, and that there were no typos, no mistakes, or anything else. They just send TWO inferior products instead of the two I had paid for, and when discovered, just said oops.

What concerns me is that despite having the goods they tried to pass off inferior ones, and wouldn't honor the contract we had made via the sale. If they put the wrong lens in the box, fine, just swap in the right one. Ditto for the VF, and I was willing to take a small credit. But they simply got caught cheating, and don't want to suffer consequences for that.

-- hide signature --

“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.”
— Edgar Degas

robgendreau's gear list:robgendreau's gear list
Olympus E-PL8 Pentax K-1 II Olympus E-M1 III Apple iPhone 11 Pro
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
AOC
AOC
MOD Smaug01
Bob
Bob
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow