Why is the X-E3 the outcast (for some)? Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Mikeywcu
Mikeywcu Contributing Member • Posts: 667
Why is the X-E3 the outcast (for some)?

Love my X-E3. It’s not as fast or responsive as my X-Pro3, but for a lightweight hiking and travel cam, it’s pretty hard to beat. And the image quality of the E3 is what prompted me to leave Sony FF and convert entirely to Fuji for digital. 
I feel like I consistently read comments on the forum about the X-E3 being the model where Fuji lost their way in the X-E line. Somehow it’s the red-headed stepchild of the midrange line, but I’m not sure why (but to be clear I also know there are plenty like me who adore it).

I’ve never held any of the other X-E models, so I have no basis for comparison. Was their build quality better? Features? Ergonomics? 
Just curious to hear from some who aren’t as impressed with the E3 what it is specifically that you lament about this model.

Mikeywcu's gear list:Mikeywcu's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Leica Summarit-M 75mm f/2.5 Carl Zeiss C Biogon T* 2,8/35 ZM +12 more
Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow