Pentax DA Primes?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Brentliris Veteran Member • Posts: 4,143
Travel champ DA limited primes

I'd like to add that the pentax series of DA ltd is the ultimate lightweight setup if you like a DSLR form factor.

I have the Pentax lenscase version 2 and you could fit the whole series in HD 15,21,40,70 DA ltd in there with the DA 35 macro mounted on the camera and have a adequate to excellent IQ with relatively fast aperture compared to a travel zoom.

The benefit of the small size of the lenses makes the camera and lens seem less intimidating to locals or security at museums og botanic gardens and children dogs or other animal animals and the elderly.

If you want to use them in the rain it is at your own risk but I have taken to carrying the camera under my bulky raincoat and pulling it out for the shot drying it out and then sliding it back under the jacket. Don't put undo pressure on the lens barrel though..

A small tripod for night shots an off camera flash system for portrait or macro/product photography would mean you could do serious work if it came up whereever you ended up.. Airtravel is one thing where bulk of kit needs to be kept at a minimum.

-- hide signature --

Reflections, understandings, discoveries and intimations..

Brentliris's gear list:Brentliris's gear list
Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax K100D Super Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Pentax KP +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow