Does the Sigma fp record the focal length of adapted, non-electronic lenses in the EXIF?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Kharan
OP Kharan Senior Member • Posts: 2,034
Re: Does the Sigma fp record the focal length of adapted, non-electronic lenses in the EXIF?

SigmaTog wrote:

Thanks again
How do I ascertain which rangefinder cameras have, fixed-lens leaf-shutter, or focal-plane shutters, just by looking at a photo, please ?
I have only looked for older SLR cameras with the mirror box to see that the lens is interchangeable.

You can't, so you need to know your models. However, most of the more obscure rangefinder mounts have no adapters, or only limited-production, expensive ones.

I would start by getting L39/LTM/M39 lenses. The Soviets built a lot of inexpensive cameras and lenses with that mount, which was prominently used by the Zorki and FED lines. Affterwards, if you like them, there's all sorts of other lenses made for it, by Leica, Canon, Nikkor, Minolta, and Enna for Corfield (under the moniker 'Lumax') and lots of other German lenses for the longer registration of the Braun Paxette series - Steinheil, Schneider-Kreuznach, Enna, Staeble...

-- hide signature --

"Chase the light around the world
I want to look at life
In the available light" - Rush, 'Available Light'

Kharan's gear list:Kharan's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Pentax Q Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon Z7 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow