Help Me fix this one

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wildalaskaken
Wildalaskaken Senior Member • Posts: 1,130
Help Me fix this one

So a few weeks ago I tried this one and failed, but thanks to some advice here I went back a tried a few things and got a series of shots that express what I am seeing.

So this one is a cull because of the angle, but is representaive of the scene and lighting.

I know I can pull the shadows out a bit more and screw with the black but then I will get a whole bunch of noise that I will have to deal with.

A similar one better framed will be a print eventually and its already sold so I want to make it a nice one obviously.

So I guess the question is, technicly, anything Im missing and aestheticly, would you go further on the shadows? Im trying to creat that mystery type image. Realisticly, this is exactly what you see from this viewpoint at this time of day, except obviously you have the ability to see deeper into the shadows as evidenced by the noisy second pic (thats a shadow pull off the jpeg with no NR.....).

I can alwys go back for a reshoot, different time, different lighting...what about a flash?

Here is the EXIF

Maker PanasonicModel DC-G9ColorSpace sRGBRating 0DateTime 2020/06/03 23:34:46ISO Speed ISO160ShutterSpeed 1/250ApertureVal F8.0FocalLength 14.0mmLens LEICA DG 12-60/F2.8-4.0ExpProgram Aperture priorityExpBias +1.7EVMaxAperture F2.9MeteringMode otherFlash Compulsory OFFFocalLengthIn35mm 28mmExpMode Auto exposureWhiteBalance Auto white balance

Wildalaskaken's gear list:Wildalaskaken's gear list
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Panasonic 45-200mm F4-5.6 II Panasonic Leica DG 50-200mm F2.8-4 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow