help

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
SterlingBjorndahl Senior Member • Posts: 2,191
Re: help

J3ons wrote:

i have a 7 years old olympus pen lite e-pl3. i just got to use it back for my trip few weeks ago. turns out when i tried to turn it on, the screen brightness is a little darker which is really hard to see if the object is at the right saturation and whenever i tried to take a picture, the shutter noise, its like a little lagg. i tried formatting my sd card but nothing happen. also sometimes the picture would be too dark or too bright.

i need help to fix this. thank you for your time.

I don't have this particular camera, but here are some general things to look into:

• Screen brightness is usually adjustable in most cameras. Check your user's manual for instructions.
  • Regarding shutter lag, you may have the anti-shock delay turned on. Again, check the manual for how to set this. 
  • Irregular exposure - are you an experienced photographer so you know how to check your metering mode (is it accidentally set to spot metering?) or check for bright/dark objects in the frame that can confuse the meter? If photography is new to you, though, you should start with the basics of exposure. There are lots of resources on line, and your local camera store or photo club may have introductory sessions.
  • You might also try a "factory reset" of your camera. Instructions are in your manual. If you're unsure how to proceed on the first two points, this may be the place to start. 

Good luck!

Sterling
--
Lens Grit

SterlingBjorndahl's gear list:SterlingBjorndahl's gear list
Olympus Air Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-150mm F3.5-5.6 Asph Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow