How much does your camera bag (stocked) weigh?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jeff Wahaus Junior Member • Posts: 28
How much does your camera bag (stocked) weigh?

I'm very much a fan of the Micro Four Thirds systems, especially when I'm lugging equipment around.  I've found that when I take everything that I want to take on a hike camera equipment wise that my camera bag isn't that light.   So, I basically have two setups which are kind of two extremes.

The setup that I wish I had all the time:  OM-D EM-1iii with battery grip, 7-14 zoom, 12-60 zoom, 70-300 zoom, 60mm macro, various accessories, and a large camera bag.  This setup weighs in at 8.5 pounds.

And the setup I use when I don't want to do any heavy lifting:  OM-D EM10 with grip,  14-42mm EZ zoom, and a camera strap.  The setup weighs in at 1 pound.

I wish I could I could have the first setup with the weight of the second setup but I know this is impossible (at least for now).  I'm going to have to do something about weight because I find the light setup too limiting but the heavy setup is just too heavy for long mountain trails.  I typically carry about 4 lbs of water with me on hikes which is way more than I typically need but if I ever get lost in the woods I'm sure I'll appreciate the extra water.

So I'm interested:  How much does your hiking setup weigh and what are you carrying with you?

Jeff Wahaus's gear list:Jeff Wahaus's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SGA
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow