First efforts with new Sony a7rIV

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
StuartV Junior Member • Posts: 41
First efforts with new Sony a7rIV

Some shots from my trip to Morehead City, NC, a couple of weeks ago. Diving with Olympus Dive Center (the best!).
All shot with a Sony a7rIV in a Nauticam housing, with Sony FE 28mm f/2 lens, Nauticam WWL-1 wet wide angle dome, and 2 x Inon Z240 strobes. I was shooting on full Manual. I think most of these are SS 1/125, f/7.1, ISO 400. Strobes on Manual, set around f/4.

Maybe 6" away from my dome.

Sand Tiger on the wreck of the Aeolus

Yet Another Sand Tiger

And another

I like how i can the reflection of the shark in the dome of my friend's camera rig

The shell is about 2" long. I love having 61MP to work with!

Not bad, I think, for such a small subject, being shot through a 28mm lens and WWL-1 wide angle dome.

1 of 17,000 lion fish...

One of which just barely pricked me - through the kneepad of a 5mm wetsuit. Fortunately, it just barely got me. Wasn't even as bad as a bee sting.

The German sub, U-352. Sunk off the coast of North Carolina in May, 1942, by the US Coast Guard Cutter Icarus.

Too bad I was too dumb to turn off my strobes for this shot, so I would not get all that backscatter. Live and learn...

StuartV's gear list:StuartV's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony a7R IV Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow