***Mini Challenge 588 -Postcards from Home ***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Birddogman
Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 6,310
Re: 1 Entry 3 Exhibits Mini Challenge 588 -Postcards from Home ***

Mina J wrote:

My son is in Marina del Rey and they are prepared with assistance from the National guard if there is a problem. I don't think I've ever seen him look so serious. Earlier some protestors were walking by repeating slogans and carrying signs but nothing jumped off. 12 hours days and no leave until this is over.

He's my grandson's dad and we have a wonderful relationship. He calls and we talk about the job for hours

Looking at the above photo I thought “United we stand, divided we fall”. However it has to include all of us.

Many have used the phrase but I read it had been traced to Aesop, who lived during the 6th Century B.C. Sound familiar to the person who prefers oranges

Mina

Wow!  That's a powerful image, Mina!

My thoughts are with your son during these times.

While any rational human understands and feels (as much as someone who is not directly affected can understand and feel) the horror, anger and sadness following Mr. Floyd's murder, watching the TV coverage of the terrible looting and rioting in the big cities is very distressing to country people who live far from all of that.  It's good to know that you are not having troubles where you live!

The nearest city to where we live is Reading, PA - not long ago voted the poorest small city in the US - so it has more than its share of urban poverty issues.  There have been protests in Reading - all have been peaceful; they have involved people of all ethnicities; and they have included the police, mayor, etc.  If that can be done even here, how can our president keep stoking the flames and dividing people, when we must, indeed, stand together.

Greg

-- hide signature --
 Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony RX100 VII Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow