Does the Sigma fp record the focal length of adapted, non-electronic lenses in the EXIF?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Heritage Cameras
Heritage Cameras Senior Member • Posts: 1,536
Re: Does the Sigma fp record the focal length of adapted, non-electronic lenses in the EXIF?

D Cox wrote:

SigmaTog wrote:
How do I ascertain which rangefinder cameras have, fixed-lens leaf-shutter, or focal-plane shutters, just by looking at a photo, please ?
I have only looked for older SLR cameras with the mirror box to see that the lens is interchangeable.

I don't think you could tell just from looking at a photo. Your best bet is to Google the model name and see if there's any info.

That's good advice. It's not always easy to tell by looking at a camera whether it has interchangeable lenses or not.

Cameras with bayonet mounts generally have a fairly obvious lens release button on the body (and/or sometimes on the lens), while those with a breech lock fitting usually have a milled ring either at the front of the body or the rear of the lens. With the various screw thread fittings it's often harder to tell visually that the lens comes off.

SLRs, rangefinder and viewfinder cameras have all been made with fixed and interchangeable lenses, plus some have convertible optics where the rear elements are permanently attached to the body while the front ones are replaceable.

-- hide signature --

Dave, HCL

Heritage Cameras's gear list:Heritage Cameras's gear list
Sony a7
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow