Does the Sigma fp record the focal length of adapted, non-electronic lenses in the EXIF?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Juha Kannisto Regular Member • Posts: 151
Re: Does the Sigma fp record the focal length of adapted, non-electronic lenses in the EXIF?

SigmaTog wrote:

Thanks again
How do I ascertain which rangefinder cameras have, fixed-lens leaf-shutter, or focal-plane shutters, just by looking at a photo, please ?
I have only looked for older SLR cameras with the mirror box to see that the lens is interchangeable.

Interchangeable lens rangefinder cameras will not use fixed lens leaf-shutters (those could be used with fixed lens rangefinder cameras) and these interchangeable lenses in e.g. LTM and M-mount don't have any shutter mechanisms in the lens side.

How does your question relate to adapting rangefinder lenses to Sigma fp? Any interchangeable lens you can find in these rangefinder mounts could be adapted as long as you have a suitable mount adapter from the appropriate rangefinder mount to L mount.

You could read all the available internet resources and do more searches etc.

Unfortunately I have lots of work to do now so I can't help with any further questions...

Juha Kannisto's gear list:Juha Kannisto's gear list
Sony RX1R Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a7R Sony a7 II Sony a9 +58 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow