Does the Sigma fp record the focal length of adapted, non-electronic lenses in the EXIF?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Juha Kannisto Regular Member • Posts: 151
Re: Does the Sigma fp record the focal length of adapted, non-electronic lenses in the EXIF?

Kharan wrote:

xpatUSA wrote:

Kharan wrote:

Does the Sigma fp record the focal length of adapted, non-electronic lenses in the EXIF? I've been trying to ascertain this, but haven't been able to find an answer. I've read that the camera can register profiles for manual lenses, but there's not a lot written about this, and the camera manual is massive.

Thanks in advance to whoever knows and shares the answer.

When I use an adapted, non-electronic lens on my SD15, I set the camera aperture to be the same as that set on lens aperture ring. The camera aperture setting is recorded in the EXIF - even though it is not communicated to the lens, obviously.

The fp may or may not work the same.

That’s quite interesting! I haven’t owned a single camera with that ability before. I really want to hear from fp owners... Maybe I should try the L-mount forum?

I use "Copyright Information / Note" menu item to record the lens and focal length information with Sigma fp when using adapted manual rangefinder lenses. That info will be recorded in EXIF at least when "Attach Copyright Information" is set ON, although the field is not specifically about focal length. That will provide some visibility of what lens was used in each session.

I haven't noticed any way to set aperture value in Camera for those adapted lenses and I don't record aperture in "Copyright information / Note" as it would be too cumbersome to keep changing it all the time when changing apertures.

Juha Kannisto's gear list:Juha Kannisto's gear list
Sony RX1R Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a7R Sony a7 II Sony a9 +58 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow