Pentax DA Primes?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Heliar Regular Member • Posts: 207
Re: Pentax DA Primes?

unhappymeal wrote:

Hey all,

Is there a line-up of DA primes that matches something like the the XF f/1.4 and f/2.0 primes? I'm thinking of 16 mm, 23 mm, 35 mm and 50 mm? I tried to do some digging and it seems to be a mixed bag on what's available with SDM vs screw drives on the Pentax side.

Thanks!

Pentax DA lineup doesn't really have lenses of such max aperture, except DA* 55mm F/1.4. It is pretty darn good lens though, even though it has the old SDM drive.

For other focal lengths, there are limiteds. Small, nicely made, but much slower than the Fujiluxes and Fujicrons. Also, almost all of them are not WR and have screwdrive AF (except DA 20-40, but that one is a zoom), which is horrible for video work, but I guess Pentax isn't really meant for video;). Some of those limiteds may feel a little dated optically (like DA 21mm) but lenses like DA 70mm and DA 15mm have a cult following. DA 35mm Macro is also an underrated gem.

For budget oriented, the plastic fantastic "unlimited" DA 35mm is superb value.

Heliar's gear list:Heliar's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow