Pentax DA Primes?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP unhappymeal Contributing Member • Posts: 518
Re: Pentax DA Primes?

Smitty1 wrote:

unhappymeal wrote:

Hey all,

Is there a line-up of DA primes that matches something like the the XF f/1.4 and f/2.0 primes? I'm thinking of 16 mm, 23 mm, 35 mm and 50 mm? I tried to do some digging and it seems to be a mixed bag on what's available with SDM vs screw drives on the Pentax side.

Thanks!

No.

Pentax relies on a number of aging DA lens designs that were given the lipstick treatment several years ago.

There are also Limited primes that might suit you, but they are all screwdriven and again mostly aging designs. Some people consider it character while others just consider it dated. Most are pretty sharp in the center though and stopped down okay.

Fuji made it a plan to design a modern series of lenses across the board. Ricoh/Pentax decided to give new coatings to old designs and introduce new designs here and there (which are far larger than the old style compact primes).

Darn. The KP looks like a really compelling body, but I'd like to build a nice set of primes.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow