*** #631 MC: Moving Water ***

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Iron Mike
MOD Iron Mike Regular Member • Posts: 461
Re:camera comparison

benjilafouine wrote:

Iron Mike wrote:

On Monday I went for a stroll through the ravine down the street from my place. After wandering alone through the forrest trails and creek bed for about 800 meters I came to the point where the tributary drains into the East Don river. The main pathway through the park was on the other side of the river, although there are several small pedestrian footbridges that cross the river.

I brought my new iPhone 11 to take some test images and try out the cameras, and also brought along my old 7D and current 5DIV to compare. After making my test images I set up the 5D with a 6 stop ND filter to blur the water and took a "real" image of the scene by the side of the river.

It was nice to get out of the house for the first time in about 2.5 months (other than going to the grocery store). I'm disappointed that I missed the entirety of spring, but c'est la vie....

Cheers, Mike

Interesting that the 5D4 gave you this result. How about the original 7D? And I also assume that you were using a tripod? I believe I could achieve that with my 7D and my ND filters too. Try to take a shot were a portion of the sky is present (sun and clouds) with the 7D. This is where I find the issue is. I believe the only way to fix that with the 7D is to go HDR which is a lengthy process.

If you’re interested, I’ll start a separate thread with some images and observations.

Cheers, Mike

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Iron Mike
MOD Iron Mike
MOD Iron Mike
MOD Iron Mike
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow