Creating your own Camera Profiles for LR

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mcslsk Veteran Member • Posts: 5,675
Creating your own Camera Profiles for LR

There is a relatively painless way to create your own LR profiles with the help of dpreview's camera test charts and Adobe's DNG Profile Editor. Download the RAW test file for your camera(s), convert to DNG and load into the DNG Profile Editor. Load the Camera Standard Profile and go to the "Tone Curve" tab. Select one of the three option (Base, Default, Linear). I have used the (Camera Raw) Default curve which is a bit more flat than the Base curve. Then go to the "Chart" tab and align the little color circles which are way outside of the test patch with the colors in the patch (brown, green, white and black). Then press "Create Color Table" and export the profile to your LR profile folder.

By doing so, I have been able to create some nice starting point profiles which solve the "blue/purple" issue of the Adobe Standard profile, and remove the the "yellow" issue from the Camera Standard profile. Skin tones look good. My profiles are for the NEX6, a6000, a6300 and a6400 (I also created profiles for the A7, A7r2 and A7III). Colors of all a6xxx (and Nex6) are very close now. One needs to apply a mid or high contrast curve in LR, and apply some vibrance to taste.

mcslsk's gear list:mcslsk's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6500 Sony a7 III Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +54 more
Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony a7 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow