Third Party Lens Talk

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MOD Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 40,655
Third Party Lens Talk

Before Adapted Lens Talk the Third Party lens talk was mainly about lenses made for existing dlsr mounts by third parties.  Adapted Lens Talk was launched to cater for those principally using any lens adapted to a mount that it was not originally designed for.

With the impeding demise of the dslr format it seems to me that these forums have grown closer together.

Not suggesting anything but as someone who has had EF lenses seemingly “forever” but stopped buying dslr bodies about 12 years (maybe more) ago I have had no real interest in buying more lenses for dslr bodies and have not been a follower on the Third Party Lens Talk forum - but a quick look just recently showed that there may be some convergence.  So I might look there more often.

In a perverse sort of way I have bought Sigma DC (aps-c) lenses in EF mount for focal reduction use on M4/3 mount.  Just recently I bought a dumb EF  Neewer 50/1.8 billed as “aps-c” which I could also focal reduce on M/3 to give handy performance for a very cheap lens.  I have been surprised that it also can be used on my FF sensor Panasonic L-Mount camera with no vignette.  This has been the subject of a separate thread.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow