Canon FL 58mm F1.2

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eric Nepean
Eric Nepean Veteran Member • Posts: 5,268
Canon FL 58mm F1.2

I just received my Cannon FL 58mm F1.2 lens.

It won't mount on oy of my FD kit because of the baffle  near the aperture pin, it iterferes with the aperture stop down pin in the adapter.

One option would be to sacrifice and FD to M43 mechanical adapter and remove the stop down  lever, but that would mean that I couldn't stop down the lens. And I wouldn't be able to mount it on the speed booster.

The other option is to remove the  baffle, it doesn't appear to have a useful function.

Some parts of attach with screws, these can be removed easily, but the rainder looks lie it would have to be cut off or  ground off.

Has anyone tried this? Were you successful? Any pitfalls?

The other cosnideration is that the focus is very stiff. I might send it for lubrication  (if I can still find a place - I don't know how difficult this is) and once partially disaaembled it is likely a better time to perform a bafflectomy.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Eric

Eric Nepean's gear list:Eric Nepean's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +55 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow