Sigma for Cannon - MC-11 with Sony Teleconvertor?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Hybrid_Herb New Member • Posts: 4
Sigma for Cannon - MC-11 with Sony Teleconvertor?

I bought the Sigma 120-300 mm 2.8 lens from a guy in Florida for $1,700. A real steal. and it works great. Heavier than dumbbells, but image quality is exceptional. I use the MC-11 for Sony E to adapt that lens to my A9ii. Metering and autofocus work way better than I expected - eye focus is almost just as good as any adapted cannon lens. I mostly use Sony E lenses and was wondering if there's any way when I get my 1.4 Sony teleconvertor, if I can use this inline? so it would be Sigma lens thats made for Canon --- MC11 for Sony E -- Sony teleconverter --- A9ii.

If this works I'd end up with a 420mm f4 -- for the price of the lens and the teleconvertor totaling at about $2300 right? Most lenses over 400mm and f/4 are over $10,000...so hoping the answer is a yes.

I realize Sony makes a lens that can get me to 400mm f/4 for about $2,500 , but already own the sigma 300mm 2.8, also the Sony 100-400 f/4 can't work in reverse. in-other-words, i can't ever make the Sony 100-400 f/4 a 300mm 2.8

Am I dreaming or would this work - some people I've asked told me I'd end up with way more magnification than I want... other have told me it will work fine.

Any help is appreciated,

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow