How do you decide if you “can” afford a camera?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bart1969
Bart1969 Forum Member • Posts: 62
How do you decide if you “can” afford a camera?

It’s perhaps a stupid question, but I am considering to buy the GFX50R with a few lenses, debating if I should spend that amount of money considering that I am just an amateur, not rich though with a good salary.. I often read, and I also think: “if you can afford it, then buy it!” So here is the question: when you give this kind of advice, or when you decide yourself if you can afford a camera or not, what is the process you follow? Do you do your math, comparing the cost of the camera with your available cash and cash flow? What is acceptable, what is not? Or do you just listen to your feelings, and then the only condition is to be able, someway, to pay for it without asking yourself too many questions?

It is of course totally subjective, but I am curious to understand where I am compared with the average amateur hanging around in this forum.

I hope I could explain what I mean, sorry but English is not my mother tongue (I think it was already clear, anyway..).

-- hide signature --

Guido

Bart1969's gear list:Bart1969's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Sony a7R III Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
tex
tex
tex
i8z
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow