T-mount Leica lenses on FF?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
eFilm Senior Member • Posts: 1,838
Re: T-mount Leica lenses on FF?

PJ711 wrote:

Basically I'm a street shooter and want the option to go to 28-35mm FOV when appropriate. I do really like the 45/2.8, and have been shooting with it on the FP (its my only lens for the camera). The results so far have been great, at least for my needs.

Maybe the Leica 18/2.8 pancake is what I'm looking for.. the occasional wide to pair with the 45, even if the resulting file is smaller, I'd get to keep the full frame pixel size IQ. I've printed 12x18 inch from 10MP files from my long-gone Leica M8, and have no doubt that I could do the same from the FP.

I've got that lens and yes, when attached to the fp it's an attractively sized package, especially when you add nothing or just the smallest Sigma hand grip to the camera. As a bonus for street shooting it's completely silent. In fact, the focus motor or the aperture mechanism will be making the only noise when active.

You'd get a nice little lens that will give you the same kind of image you get with a Leica TL/CL with it, only with slightly less megapixels, as it's cropped from a 24mp full frame sensor. It's not too bad, and like said, the size is attractive.

However, it is still a 18mm lens and I kinda prefer the look I get from an actual 28mm lens in full frame mode. It's not about the missing megapixels, but about the subtle difference in the look the ten extra mm provide. Anyway, it would still be quite a usable little lens for street shooting, and the results aren't too shabby.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow