Would you accept this Tamron 70-180mm at 180mm?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Scrollop Contributing Member • Posts: 768
Re: Would you accept this Tamron 70-180mm at 180mm?

Photographer124 wrote:

I agree with what MIlc man said; but I have to add... in your landscape shot, I can't find anything that is sharp... I know the compression at dpreview softens up the images, but still... I have seen the same softness at 180mm from dpreview samples, I am not convinced with this lens.

I ended up buying the canon 70-200 F/4 IS II, I am very happy with it... and it was cheaper brand new than the Tamron.

I agree with you. And these were the best captures of a series.

However, I've pieced a few things together. The delivery driver (from a UK courier called Hermes - avoid them like covid19) handed me the box which was severly dented on one side. Bad sign.

Then the apprent softness immediately apparent.

Then, when I was comparing with apertures above 2.8, I noticed the higher the aperture, the longer a whirring/clicking sound occured on focusing.

Anyway, it's going back and I sent an video of the handover of the package to amazon so that they can recoup their losses from hermes (I alwyas take videos of opening packages, or, if possible, handovers from couriers, in case there's something wrong and it needs replacement).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow