FZ2000/2500 MK2 or FZ3000?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BoYeomans New Member • Posts: 6
FZ2000/2500 MK2 or FZ3000?

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of getting rid of all my DSLR kit (7D, 550D, 10 lenses, flash gun, etc etc) and want to buy a bridge camera. I've had experience with the Canon SX10 and really like the versatility of the 20x zoom and the fact that it has plenty of manual functions, but it's an old camera and the results aren't great, plus the video is appalling - that's not my primary concern but for the odd clip, 640x480 doesn't cut it!

I looked at Sony and would love to be able to justify an RX10 IV as it seems to get the best reviews but I want to move away from camera kit which I'm too worried to use around the house and garden with a 2 year old running around! I looked at the SX70 but then realised that I want a 1" sensor.

This led me to the Panasonic FZ1000/2000 ranges and I think I'm fixed on the 2000 (I'm in the UK) because of the extra zoom as I seem to be doing a bit more wildlife photography these days and less portrait stuff (maybe that's because of lockdown!)

So, my question is (sorry for the waffle); should I buy a (brand new) 4 year old camera (FZ2000/2500) or should I wait for it to be replaced/updated with a MK2 or maybe even an FZ3000? And what are peoples knowledge/opinion on what Panasonic are likely to do next?

Thanks in advance!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow