Which focal length do you prefer the most?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FujiS3ProGuy
FujiS3ProGuy Junior Member • Posts: 43
Which focal length do you prefer the most?

Hi,

I thought a lot about my photography lately.
I do not get to shoot as much as I am used too in this times so I sold some of my stuff or gave it to people I love.

Looking through my cameras and lenses to sort out which ones have to go made me think about what was really important to me. I am mainly a person and industry shooter. I used to take pictures of animals (mainly zoo and my own dog) but since his death two months ago I am not interested in animals anymore.
The funny thing is, I owned a lot of lenses. From Ultra wide to telephoto...for all of my systems. But the one's that I am using right now are:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 Art on Sigma sd Quattro

Nikon 50mm F1.4 D on Nikon D800

90% of my images in the last two years were made with those lenses.

I did not think that I was basically always in the 45-50mm range. Having all those lenses made me feel like I was using more variety but I guess there is a difference in owning and using.

So, I am interested. What is the focal length you prefer the most?
....and if you like, you could comment on your main photographic topics you shoot?

Thank you for reading.
I am looking forward to reading your answers!

Gregor

-- hide signature --

Gear:
Sigma SD Quattro / Sigma 30mm 1:1,4 ART
Nikon D800 / Nikon D 50mm 1:1,4

FujiS3ProGuy's gear list:FujiS3ProGuy's gear list
Nikon D800 Sigma sd Quattro
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800 Sigma sd Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow