I Can Confirm, Saturn Has a Ring.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
drj3 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,320
I Can Confirm, Saturn Has a Ring.

I looked out my desk window and saw Jupiter in a reasonably clear sky. I thought, good time to try HHHR photographing Jupiter. Complete failure. First, SAF had difficulty obtaining good focus, even though CAF focused immediately. HHHR changes CAF to SAF.

I tried multiple times and even when SAF focused (or I used manual focus), HHHR always failed. I think there is just too little detail in the small image of Jupiter for HHHR to work. Setting up my tripod where I had a clear view of Jupiter would have been very difficult, so I did not try high resolution using a tripod.

I noticed Saturn, just to the left of Jupiter, so I decided to see if I could photograph it. SAF would not focus, but CAF with all points focused quickly. Of course, there is not a lot of detail, but I was glad I could at least see enough detail to know that it was Saturn. I probably should have tried to see if HHHR would work with Saturn, but it was late so I decided I would try high resolution handheld and with a tripod at a later date.

-- hide signature --

drj3

drj3's gear list:drj3's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M1 II +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow