Image posted here on DPR Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 41,471
Re: Image posted here on DPR

alcelc wrote:

As per the new DPR forum rule, it seems that we could have beached the forum rule if we download the originals of posted images, edited it and repost again without the poster's permission.

IMHO a sample with full EXIF is always better than a thousand words. In many case, specially those samples were used to show the problem of OP, it would always be the easiest for members to download the original, examine it by whatsoever means on our monitor, do the appropriate changes (if need) or whatsoever action, and repost the result that might address the issue in a far more efficient way.

Of course, there must be a reason for the new forum rule.

Yes. Just someone downloading your copyrighted image or an image you feel you want to be your own, edit and repost is not exactly courteous in my book. Always ask!  Or do as you suggest with the signature by the original photographer.

Hence, I urge members to state their approval on posting an image (or otherwise) to convince members here to offer their help or for an easier ongoing discussion...

I personally add the following to my signature field:

"Please feel free to download the original image I posted here and edit it as you like" to release any member's potential liability under the new forum rule.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow