Anyone shooting a Leitz Hektor 1:1.9 / 7,3cm?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
dbledsoe Contributing Member • Posts: 790
Re: Anyone shooting a Leitz Hektor 1:1.9 / 7,3cm?

I have one but haven't shot with it on the Leica M262 I bought last year.  I did shoot with it several years ago on my Ricoh GX-M but didn't like the 1.5x crop factor of that camera.  Word of advice, if shooting outdoors don't let the sun get near the lens opening, it'll be flare city.

I bout mine about 10 years ago from a local camera store that didn't really know what they had.  I offered them $200 US and they accepted.  Mine came with the caps but no lens shade.  The lens shades are very expensive so I haven't bothered to buy one yet.  Hopefully you got the shade with yours.  I'm going to have to rig up some kind of rubber type shade.  Mine is in excellent minus condition with beautiful glass.  I sent it to Focal Point in Colorado to have it CLA'd (sadly, for us, not him) the gent who owned Focal Point retired.

If I recall correctly mine is of 1932 vintage, I'll have to dig it out and confirm.  It renders somewhat soft dreamy images, its strong suit if B&W.  It is the one lens I will never part with, well it and my same vintage 50mm f/2.5 Hektor.

Don

-- hide signature --

'The trouble with normal is it always gets worse.'
Bruce Cockburn

dbledsoe's gear list:dbledsoe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS D30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Olympus PEN E-PL2 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow