šŸ˜³ New Forum Moderator Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Bob Tullis
MOD Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 39,251
šŸ˜³ New Forum Moderator

Greg7579 prompted me to spill the beans about my quietly assuming the role of moderator here.   I thought to copy part of that interaction from another ongoing topic, in  case more of you thought it was necessary or a thoughtful thing to do.

Greg begins:

You need to write an introduction to the Board as Mod and tell us what you expect and if you are just going to enforce the rules or also obsess over the tone.

I was asked to join as a moderator by both Bob & Jerry to share the load. A moderators role is to support DPR's goal of hosting welcoming place for all participants, new and experienced, to share thoughts and advice as it pertains to each Forum's purpose.

I have to admit when I was asked to join this team I requested a little time to think it through seriously. I sought out the forum rules, but had a hard time finding them. While I've been prone in the past to let myself be triggered, because I had that luxury, I take the responsibility seriously. I will strive to be fair and tolerant, but I have a role to play while also being a normal member. I offer the link to the forum rules as an answer to the rest of your questions.

tldr; masochism (w/o the sexual component)

The Board introduction claims that the Board has light moderation. Sometimes that is true. Sometimes not. Why? Because we are human beings.

Yes, all with our own styles and perspectives, including the moderators. It's not easy to balance that, but that's the goal. I enjoy this site, and this forum, for the personalities and developed relationships that make it an enjoyable one. Wish me luck.

I'll let Bob and Jerry comment on the matter, as they feel necessary and as they see fit.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, Bovina NY
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
http://www.bobtullis.com

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow