HD Pentax-D FA★ 85mm f/1.4 ED SDM AW Locked

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
MaciekPruski Regular Member • Posts: 254
Losing the Pentax appeal

Mistral75 wrote:

What we know so far, in addition to the pieces of information already published by Ricoh Imaging:

• Weight: 1,255g (Nokishita Camera)
  • Announcement this week (Nokishita Camera) / on the 28th (Amazon UK). Be ready for an announcement on Wednesday the 27th at 22:00 UTC.
  • Available on the 26th of June, 2020 (Nokishita Camera)
  • Price requested by some large photographic stores in Japan (Nokishita Camera): ¥248,000 including tax. After subtracting the 10% Japanese VAT that's equivalent to $2,091.
  • UK price according to Amazon: £2,099
  • Considering that the launch price of the D FA★ 50mm f/1.4 was $/€/£1,199 the above points at a launch price equal to $/£2,099.

The sweet spot of Pentax is a compact, well-built DSLR with excellent controls (like the KP for example) and small, fast, 3d-pop primes with "character". And reasonable prices.

I understand why they're chasing the high-end market (like every other camera company, it seems..) but it's hard to get excited. Canon/Nikon,Sony/Fuji/Panasonic all have lenses in this segment and most of them offer mirrorless gear with better specs and things like eye-AF. If I wanted to buy this kind of gear, I'd switch to Sony for example..

I guess if that's what is needed to keep the company afloat, then OK.

Hope they don't go overboard with pricing of the new APSC body though..

MaciekPruski's gear list:MaciekPruski's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax KP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ogl
ogl
ogl
ogl
ogl
ogl
ogl
ogl
ogl
ogl
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow