For the weary pro (pocket)

Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
Rock and Rollei Senior Member • Posts: 2,201
Re: For the weary pro (pocket)

I've always been a fan of quality compact cameras. Back in film days, I used to have something like a Rollei 35S or Olymlus XA, and through digital, I've been through a progression of Ixus and Powershot S models before ending up with a G9X. I've used them to carry when I've not had a system camera with me, for location scouting for landscapes and pro job, family snaps, and relatively serious work. Pocketable has always been key.

But over the last 3 years, I've hardly used it. It's been squeezed by the EOS M6 from one direction and my smartphone from the other.

At least part of that is my fault. I made the wrong choice. The G9X is a lovely little camera, but I stressed the pocketable angle too much over IQ, influenced by the fact that I always used the S90 more than the G11. The G7X would have been a better choice for me.

So to today - I do keep wondering if I should replace the G9X. But at least I am sure that if I did, the G5X II would be the right choice, so thank you.

Rock and Rollei's gear list:Rock and Rollei's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +29 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow