D800 fine focus adjust 🤔

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Giovanni_1968
OP Giovanni_1968 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,076
Re: D800 fine focus adjust 🤔

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

Assuming you used a D800 more efficient central cross type sensor on an eye - there is no reason why - with a suitable for good AF cross type subject - AF should not still be good.

Comparing a good AF subject (presuming a cross type AF point was used) to an about as bad as you can get AF subject is a bit like comparing a good apple to a rotten orange.

I have no way of checking - but presume the repairer checked AF was good with a sensible AF subject before shipping your D800 back to you.

Tomorrow I will try and repeat the test but the fact remains that before repair it worked much better, actually never failing and always with the same shooting style which is very basic, S-AF on the central point, as simple as that.

My concern is that the guys didn't check it properly, I left them the camera and my 50/1.4 to test it and it is still not accurate, it doesn't matter target, tripod bla bla bla, that's not how I shoot not how a camera is used most of the times, in real life it doesn't focus the way it did...

Thank you for your concern

-- hide signature --

Giovanni - 70% GAS affected
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giovanniaprea/
Nikon D850 - Nikon D800 - Nikon D2Xs - Fuji X-Pro1 - Fuji S5Pro - Nikon F - Nikon F3
J.A. Michell Gyrodec - Audio Research SP-9 - Aeron AP-890 - JBL4311B - JBL L220
JN70CN - 14.14.30E 40.32.40N

Giovanni_1968's gear list:Giovanni_1968's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D2Xs Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow