Would you buy an updated Pen-F?

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RSSrsvp Veteran Member • Posts: 3,242
Would you buy an updated Pen-F?

Have you seen the Darren Miles video on a successor to the Pen-F?

This morning I viewed the YouTube video that Darren Miles posted on May 28th about Olympus releasing an updated Pen-F and it struck a nerve.

https://youtu.be/TvTBEQ0j35A

Darren is correct as the camera's appearance is a feature that factors in the decision making process for many of us. Please don't trash me if it isn't to you as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Darren made the comparison to Apple products and how looks and design are an important factor to many and has fueled their sales throughout the years.

When I originally purchased my E-M5 Mark ll I was torn because I really wanted to buy a Pen-F. Unfortunately the Pen-F at that time was lacking several features that were extremely important to me.

Weatherproofing (my deal breaker)

Better battery life

Tripod mount location

These were 3 of the 10 features that Darren listed in his latest wish list for what he calls a Pen-F Pro.

Another feature is a replacement for the 20mp sensor. I definitely agree with him that for m43 cameras to survive Olympus needs to up the ante.

Would you be interested in a new Pen-F if Olympus really made improvements?

RSSrsvp's gear list:RSSrsvp's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +1 more
POLL
Yes, I would purchase a Pen-F Pro.
60% 48  votes
No, I am satisfied with the current Olympus camera line.
40% 32  votes
  Show results
Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow